Wednesday, September 5, 2018

A Walk in the Park

Thanks to Ed's gentle encouragement, I finally went for a short walk in Lambert park yesterday afternoon! It felt so good to be back!

It was good to see that some of the seedlings planted in April are doing very well!

I was so happy to find the redroot buckwheat in bloom! This plant is the last gasp of summer, and I was afraid I was going to miss it altogether!

It starts out white and then turns a very pretty shade of pink!


We spent yesterday morning up at Huntsman, where they did an ultrasound to check out the blood clot on my right elbow. It is pretty painful and I've been keeping ice on it. It should clear up just like my left elbow is doing. I'm running out of places for them to stick IV's!

Sadly, my WBC was 160, and the doctor thinks they will need to treat me aggressively to beat the lymphoma.

I cancelled our European vacation, which made me very sad, but am holding out hope that they will allow me to travel to Steamboat Springs this weekend for our annual Literary Sojourn! We'll see what the doctor says tomorrow!

I'm feeling pretty good, but a little light-headed and weak. The 27 pounds of bloat is gone, which is the best feeling ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment