Friday, January 31, 2020

Feeling the Love and a new ray of hope

I have been feeling the love through all your good wishes. It has really helped buoy me up the past few days. We stopped off at Barbara's house after labs on Thursday. It was nice to have Annette and Kent meet us there, too. I had the whole couch and a heating pad to myself, as my legs are still killing me!
It was nice getting special delivery flowers from Reagan in Maryland. It was also great meeting her much bally-hooed boyfriend who lives in Utah. It turns out he's just as nice as she said he was. It was also fun face-timing Reagan, who is practically perfect in every way (except for her love of iphones and her lack of love for Star Trek).

Everrt and Janet came over with some songs and a foot rub, both of which went a long way towards relaxing me and calming me down. We have so appreciated the outpouring of love.

Clementine, who will be 3 next week, serenaded me with her flute.

Mabel said my legs smelled minty fresh after Ed put some Aspercreme on them. (By the way it didn't help with the pain.)

Brittany did the crossword puzzle with us. My new sloth from Bishop Shippen was there to remind us that although the wheels were turning slowly, we would eventually beat this cancer back!



The kids love it when we do the crossword, as we let them watch Dinosaur Train.

LATE BREAKING GOOD NEWS, MAYBE. I got a call from Dr. Mato (unfortunate deadly name for a doctor) at Sloan Kettering in New York City today. He said they had a study that I would be  good candidate for, and if I could fly out next week, we could meet him and get the tests taken to submit my application. There are no guarantees, but this study does not exclude BPLL. It is based on a BTK blocker and is a pill that they have been having good success with. If you're interested here is a link: https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/clinical-trials/19-077.

We booked tickets for NYC on Monday and have an appointment on Tuesday. Brittany volunteered to go for Ed if he'd watch the kids. He passed on that. Our biggest problem is how I will withstand the flight if my legs don't get better in the next few days. We tried to get first class, but they were all sold out! I hope my seatmate doesn't mind some rocking and moaning!  We feel like a ray of hope has once again been extended to us!



No comments:

Post a Comment