Saturday, March 23, 2019

Book Clubs

I had two book clubs this week! The Alpine Cove Book Club reviewed A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles. I had enjoyed reviewing it last year with the other book club. It is one of my favorite books. After reading it twice already I thought I could remember it well enough to discuss. Apparently, not well enough to remember all the details of the book. It seems a third reading might be useful! Next month we will be reading the Power of Moments by Chip and Dan Heath.

I failed to take a picture of Thursday's book club, which read Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. It was also a good book. The first half made me uncomfortable because I was embarrassed for Eleanor, but it was nice to see her gradually learn to connect with people around her. This book club is reading What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty next month. It is good that the second book club is inactive in the summer. That gives me time for easy beach reading!


1 comment:

  1. I read A Gentleman in Moscow with my book club last month and loved it! Such beautiful writing. I also read Elinor Oliphant last year and I enjoyed that one a lot as well, mostly because Elinor reminded me of someone I know.

    ReplyDelete