1. The provider billed the wrong insurance company, which denied the claim.
2. Re-billed the correct insurance company. They approved the claim and sent the check to the wrong place.
3. The wrong place refunded the money to the wrong insurance company.
4. The wrong insurance company sent the money back. It got lost.
5. The wrong insurance company re-issued the refund.
6. I filled out a claim asking them to send me the check, rather than the wrong medical office.
7. I got a check in the mail today and finally paid my provider!
Each one of these steps took many months, and MANY phone calls! I have had this bill on my desktop for a year and a half! It will be nice to put this in a drawer and never look at it again!