Friday, September 23, 2011

Amanda's Home!

Amanda's plane arrived at 5 p.m. yesterday. Since Ed works right next to the airport it seemed logical that he should just pick her up, and I could wait at home while making a nice dinner. Crystal and Brittany suggested I should find a way to get to the airport! So, not wanting to appear to be a bad mother, and not wanting to have two cars at the airport, I decided to try out Maryland's public transit system. My friend, June, took me to the Metro, which I took into Baltimore, and from there I transferred to the light rail. The ride to the airport would have only been about an hour if I had made my connection, which I didn't. This gave me time to watch people pick up their free, government-subsidized cell phones across from the light rail stop. I also enjoyed(?) a half an hour of  very loud music blaring from the shop behind the train stop.

It was all worth it when we were there to greet Amanda after her long flight (Berlin-Amsterdam-Atlanta-Baltimore). She looks great, and hasn't stopped talking! We've got a lot to catch up on. Tomorrow we start her round of doctor appointments, but today we'll just enjoy. She doesn't have to follow mission rules, as she is temporarily released, so maybe we'll go to a movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment