Monday, December 10, 2018

Pointsettias at Church and Hospital

Ed and I sang with the Alpine Joyful Christmas Sounds Choir last night! It was fun to be a part of a really good choir and help ring in the season. It was led by director Marvin Payne, who made Sunday practices at 9 p.m. seem worth it! We also brought a couple of poinsettias to bring home afterwards! It was also great for me to feel good enough to participate!

We met with the BMT team at Huntsman Hospital this morning. Dr. Halwani recommended we visit with them, as he is just not sure how aggressive my cancer will be going forward. As a preemtive strike we are going to have my siblings tested to see if any of them would be a good match as a donor. I'm in remission now, but if I came out of remission it would be nice to have things in place for a stem cell transplant. They would do it with a donation of blood. They can also check on the bone marrow registry to see if there is another donor if my siblings are not a match! In the meantime, I have another bone marrow biopsy next week, and they will send that off to a fourth lab, hopefully the National Institutes of Health, to see what their opinion is. I have had three different diagnosis: SMZL (in the spleen), atypical CLL, and atypical PBLL. If it truly a spleen disorder a Bone Marrow Transplant would not be the proper treatment. If it is one of the other choices it might be much more likely to come back. In the meantime, I feel great and intend to enjoy the Christmas Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Judy,
    You look great and I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better! All the best as you explore your options and forward treatment. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!! Martha

    ReplyDelete