Friday, December 20, 2019

Labs and Lunches

We had labs on Monday. The good part was I got a really cute purple hat with a flower on it. It was even big and comfortable on my big head!

The bad news was my WBC went up to 17.73. It was quite a leap, and left us very disturbed. I know I need a stem cell transplant, and possible CAR-T treatment to get me into remission prior to the transplant. However, we did not want my white blood count to go out of control before January. We have big plans for the holidays!

This did not stop us from having a great time at lunch with Chuck and Renee at lunch on Tuesday. We went to the Brick Oven to celebrate Chuck and my birthdays. Chuck's is Christmas Eve and mine is Christmas day! We started celebrating together in 1982 and took a few years off while the were in California and we were not! It's great to be together again in Utah!


My good friend, Reagan Dickson also has a Christmas Eve birthday, and came to Utah this week. We celebrated with some great Root Beer at the Strap Tank Brewery in Lehi!

It was fun meeting with Beverly (another Maryland transplant), as well as Katrina, Reagan's sister from Alpine!

On another happy note, my labs on Thursday improved slightly, and my WBC went down to 15.63! Yay! Let the celebrating continue!




No comments:

Post a Comment