Friday, August 6, 2010

Fun at Band Practice


Kaylene, who in addition to her rapier sense of humor, also appears to have a talent for picture-taking. I think these pictures she took show how much fun we had at band practice yesterday. I like this picture of me with the banjo and the semi-pained expression!

The picture of Mary and her dad makes Mary look like a maniac. It's apparent she's on the edge!

We were lucky Tricia (on the bass) gave up her big school board meeting to come to band practice. She has her priorities right!

Carrie is playing autoharp on Arkansas Traveler. The chords just change too fast for the guitar. The autoharp sounded great except we decided we didn't have time to tune it. We just pretended her chords matched ours.

Kaylene, (left) and Cindy play  ukelele and parlor (small) guitar. Kaylene proved particularly useful on the Baby Bumblebee song, as she knew all the words. We're planning on having some children join us, dress up as bees and sing along with us.

Coda joined us for the entire practice, sitting nicely in her new doggie bed. She really likes folk music! After practice Cindy took the dog and Amanda out for an obedience lesson. I spent the rest of the day humming Polly Wolly Doodle and smiling.

3 comments:

  1. It's good you have a puppy that likes music. I showed her picture to Patrica, my walking partner, and she said Coda looked just like her Sheltie, Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I am mulit-talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good doggy. I like meeting your band, too.

    ReplyDelete