Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New York for the Day

We went to New York City yesterday. We left about noon and still had time to stop off in Winfield, New Jersey to show the girls the house Ed was raised in. After a whirlwind tour of Rahway and Linden, we were off to the big city.


There was a significant amount of snow left over from the two feet New Yok received on Sunday and Monday.  We think it may have contributed to the difficulty in driving in the big city. Ed, however, found it no different than driving in Denver or Baltimore, with the exception of more people honking at him!

We arrived in plenty of time for dinner before going to see The Lion King. Brittany, John and Amanda knew the movie by heart, but resisted the urge to sing along as did some of the less cultured people sitting around us!

The costumes were unbelievably creative! I could watch those stilt giraffes all day, especially if they were accompanied by a singing baboon!

Ed and I took turns driving home afterwards. I had the last shift, which ended when we got home at 2:30 a.m. The Disney serenade by Brittany, Amanda and John was great entertainment to keep me awake on the drive home.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Lion King when we saw it in Denver. Wow, you stayed up even later than I did last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a new Wii game at Amazon over the holidays, "Dance on Broadway." I was a bit disappointed I couldn't be the giraffe. I had to settle with being a lion. It was a good 'game.' I have decided to make a goal of using the wii for at least 15 minutes a day, five days a week, for a month, and if I make my goal, I can buy a new game.

    ReplyDelete