Thursday, November 26, 2015

A Sound Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving day dawned bright and beautiful on the Pamlico Sound. It was so nice we had breakfast on the lanai!

I
Then we drove over to Goose Creek State Park for a pre-feast walk. The park had some extensive trails through the woods and along the water. If David and Rachel hadn't known the way out we'd still be wandering around in the park.

While the turducken cooked we went for a sail . David let me take the tiller. When the wind picked up I turned it back over. I was afraid I might capsize the boat!

It was still light out when we reconvened on the porch for Thanksgiving dinner. We have so much to be grateful for, including family that we can enjoy spending time with! Thanks David and Rachel for letting us come to your little paradise on the river to celebrate the holiday!

P.S. Turducken is really good! Maybe a new Thanksgiving tradition?

P.S.S. 20,000 steps today! Hooray for long walks!


No comments:

Post a Comment