Saturday, January 16, 2010

Last Bookies (for now)

The Highland Bookies met in Larspur Wednesday night to review The Guernsey Literary Club and Potato Peel Pie Society. Everyone gave it an A. That's a rare book that scores so high with such a finicky bunch as the Bookies! We liked everything about it. I read it 6 months ago, so had forgotten most of the plot. I guess I'll just read it again, and it will feel like the very first time. Diane made a great Potato soup to match the theme. Sheryl's foot is healing well from her break, and she was walking with only one crutch and no boot cast. Everything was perfect until they started planning the next meeting in February. That's when I started to cry. I won't be here! It felt very lonely. They said they'd Skype me. That might be fun except for the part where I sit and watch them sipping tea and eating their always tasty suppers. And what if they leave me alone on the table while they all go in the other room? I'm looking forward to being back together with them in October for our annual Steamboat Springs Literary Sojourn.

Meanwhile, we'll be reading The Help by Kathryn Stocket for February. Hopefully, moving won't slow me down on my reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment