Friday, January 29, 2010

The Sun Came out in Sykesville

I went to Maryland this week to meet with some general contractors and kitchen cabinet makers. The realtor let me borrow a house key for a few days. I thought it was great to take this picture of the house with the blue sky behind it. It reminded me of Colorado, except the grass is green (in January!). It's been a lot of fun trying to decide how to arrange the new kitchen. The main thing I came back with after the trip was the realization that this is going to take a lot longer than I had planned. We can't even order the new cabinets till we take out the old ones and rework some of the plumbing in a wall we're removing. And, with no fridge and microwave, we're not sure how we're going to be eating!

We visited our new ward at church and met the entire bishopic Wednesday night. It is as large as our Broomfield ward, and seems to enjoy a relatively high activity rate. They, like Broomfield have a wide range of ages and economic situations. Unlike Broomfield, they draw from an area encompassing three counties! Our house is about 12 minutes from the church building. No more leaving for church 5 minutes before we have to be there!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for your family! This house looks great and I'm sure you'll make it look simply beautiful. I can't hardly wait until I can come out and visit you in Sykesville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's beautiful! And where'd all that snow go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished the "no gain" program with KP and they now have a new program that starts today and runs 12 weeks. The new program is not aimed at weight lost, it is aimed at making us more well rounded. It gives you points for doing certain things. One of the things you get points for is journaling. Point being, I am thinking about blogging.

    ReplyDelete