Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Walk in the Woods

We live a peninsula of land that reaches into Liberty Reservoir, a dam built in the 50s as a water supply for Baltimore and Carroll counties.Friday morning my neighbor, Janet, took me on a walk around the neighborhood. We are surrounded by water on three sides, although you don't realize it. There is a really lovely walk on the fire road. You see the water occasionally, and it's surrounded by trees. It was beautiful, and I imagine in a few more weeks it will be even more beautiful. Janet was a great tour guide. She knew the names of all the trees, flowers, and even the birds. I learned to recognize the tulip tree and the black capped chickadee! It was like having my own private botanist taking me for a tour in my own private park!

No comments:

Post a Comment