Sunday, January 6, 2019

Fifth monthly treatment at Huntsman

Thursday we had my fifth monthly treatment of Rituximab at Huntsman. My friend, Tricia Honey, showed up to keep us company. She has had her own cancer story, which was much more dramatic than mine! She felt right at home in the infusion center!

I was able to take the entire 800 mg dose in one day! The first time ever! My body is much more tolerant of the medication now that my blood is in good shape. My next treatment is the 31st of January, and we'll see where we  go from there. They have been collecting blood samples from my siblings to see if they are possible matches for a stem cell transplant. In the meantime I feel great, and would get out walking if it wasn't freezing cold and snowy outside!


No comments:

Post a Comment