Thursday, January 10, 2019

Two Book Clubs, Two Days

Yesterday the Alpine Cove Book Club met to discuss C.S. Lewis' book, Till We Have Faces. I enjoyed part I of the book, but totally missed out on the deeper meaning in Part II. I was so bored with the dream sequences and the second guessing of life, that I lost interest in the end. The ladies filled me in on the redemption and jealousy themes of the book. I was not convinced. He could have said that in about 100 less pages!

I Capture the Castle by [Smith, Dodie]Today the Alpine Book club met to review I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. That was a fun read, full of quirky characters, and starry a misty castle. It was written in 1948, but is still popular, apparently, as there was a 2 month wait to check it out. I ended up downloading it on Kindle instead! It was fun talking about our favorite parts of the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment