Friday, November 22, 2019

Christmas is coming, and we're ready!

We went to the University of Utah hospital Tuesday to find it all decked out in Christmas decorations. My infectious disease doctor was very pleased that I had not had CMV virus in a long time and told us to keep taking Letermovir until I get into the transplant program. That seems like it will never happen, as we've been waiting for it since April. My WBC was 11.62 yesterday, which is not bad, but still has 88% variant lymphocytes (the bad lymphocytes). I need to eliminate the bad lymphocytes to be in remission and qualify for a transplant. I feel great, though and intend to take my meds and enjoy the holidays. Wouldn't January or February be great months for a transplant?

We were in such a holiday spirit, that we had Mabel and Clementine decorate the living room tree for us in the afternoon. They loved it, and so did we. We put on some Christmas music and had a wonderful time together.

We also had a great snack time featuring hot chocolate and pringles!

In the evening the Dickens came over and taught us how to play two very fun card games: 9 Innings and Canasta. We hope we can remember them long enough to play in the hospital before I get chemo brain!


No comments:

Post a Comment