Saturday, February 8, 2020

The scream

My trip home from New York was one long scream! Although I did have first class from LaGuardia to Chicago it didn't help with the pain much. Neither did the pain medications. The trip from Chicago to Salt Lake was unbearable! I hadn't slept much for 3 days, and that was bad, too. We went to Huntsman in the morning on Friday. And spend another two unbearable hours in the waiting room. Ed said it was okay if I let it out. I tried not to make too much noise, but it was pretty obvious that I was in pain.
I finally got some Morphine, Dilaudid, Oxyicodone, Ativan, and Dexamethazone! That did the trick, and I had my best night's sleep in a week! Even a wake-up call for labs at 3 a.m. didn't bother me!

We have not heard about whether we are accepted to the clinical trial, but we are booked for flights and hotels to New York for Wednesday next week. A really nice company paid for that. Sadly, this messes up our Thursday Picard- watching parties. I guess this is the least of my problems!

I'm spending a couple of more days in the hospital as they manage my pain. My low oxygen is also a problem to get under control! Ed also got a good night's sleep at last, but is still very busy getting my clothes and calling the travel people. 

He is also helping with Clementine's third birthday party at our house this afternoon. I'm sorry to miss the party, but the doctor had no mercy on me! We'll have to do a little face timing!

In the meantime, color me happy to be pain-free enough to blog today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment