Sunday, February 9, 2020

Two Parties

I had a great day yesterday with two parties. One I was able to go to and the other one I was not able attend. The first one was a bluegrass band playing in the lobby! I had such a good time there and was feeling great and able to tap my toes and sing along. They were so nice to even let me take my picture with them afterwards. Near the end. They sang Have I Told You Lately That I Love You. That had me in tears the entire song as I remembered my dad singing it to my mom as she played the piano.


The band even came bearing gifts! Marcy, the woman behind my left shoulder, made this cute lap quilt for me. It has giraffes on it! It fit right into the theme of party number two, which I was not able to attend!


We hosted Clementine's 3rd birthday party. It was so much fun planning the Jungle theme. I was sorry not to be more helpful. The kids had a treasure hunt where they followed clues lovingly drawn by Ed. This was a snake pit.

They also had mazes and tunnels along the way. They looked so cute in their safari hats.

Ed said Brittany was terrific helping the kids with the clues.

Ed also reported that Clementine was grinning ear-to-ear during the entire party. She had a really cute monkey cake and felt super special all night. Just like me. Grinning and pain free at my bluegrass party!

I'll be discharged tomorrow and will hopefully be able to manage my pain on Wednesday on my next trip to NYC. We Should find out tomorrow whether I am accepted to the clinical trial. We are cautiously optimistic!

1 comment:

  1. I have been following your blog and pray for you daily. So glad that you were able to attend the bluegrass gig. What a great surprise as I looked at the picture. The lady in the middle with the banjo is Kathryn Goates. She was in my dad's band in Murray--Byron's Basement Band--and played with him as well in the Old Time Fiddlers. Ed's bass came from the bass player in Byron's Basement Band. Brought back great memories of Slo' Pickers playing in a great variety of places--including a hospital lobby. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete