Friday, November 28, 2014

Getting ready for Thanksgiving

I had so much to do on Tuesday, but as I started cooking I realized I couldn't find anything  in the pantry. So I got sidetracked. I spent three hours cleaning, purging and organizing the pantry. This is the after picture! I would have been to embarrassed to print the before picture even if I had had foresight to take it!

Then, I got cooking! I made a beautiful chocolate pecan pie all from scratch. Crystal will be happy to know I finally used the nice pie pan she gave me!

Monday night Ed put the turkey in a bucket with water, salt and spices to see if we would like brining it! My friend, Barb, gave us brining instructions. She's been doing it for years and we had never even heard of it. We're always the last to catch on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment