Friday, December 1, 2017

Festival of Trees

We went to see the Festival of Trees in SLC Wednesday night. It is a fundraiser for children's hospital, and was amazing! We didn't pace ourselves very well, as it took hours to see everything!

My favorite tree was the elf tree my sister made in memory of her son, Kurt. It was not only covered in elvess, but included a toy box and a beautiful quilt! I was proud of my small contribution (the vinyl letters "Toys" on the box).

We went with Chuck and Renee who were experienced tree lookers, and showed us the ropes.

I was glad Renee knew about the boutique at the end of the hall! I couldn't buy any of the display quilts, but found a great Christmas quilt in the boutique. I'm excited to curl up with it in front of the TV this month, and happy I was able to make a small contribution to a great cause!

We also stopped by the South Town Mall to see the Hogwarts exhibition. It was a bunch of fancy kiosks in the center selling Harry Potter paraphernalia. It wasn't nearly as magical as I was hoping, and it also closed early, so we had to peek at it through the gates!

On a happy note, the food court turned out to be a great place to eat and rest our weary feet after a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment