Sunday, October 27, 2019

Biking, Labs, Podcast Show

Friday we biked the Jordan River Trail with Barbara and Kent. We made them very jealous of our electric bikes!

We stopped to enjoy the view at a very pretty pond, and right at that moment Molly (our nurse) called with my lab results. My white blood count had gone down to 11.54! We were so grateful that we all got up and did a happy dance! Unfortunately, my platelets were also 11. If they go below 10 I have to get a transfusion tomorrow. The good news is, I still feel great. I told the nurse we were out biking. She was not pleased, as an accident would be bad with my low platelets. Fortunately, I had no accident!

Barbara made us a celebratory chilli luncheon at her house after our rather chilly ride.

In the evening we met the Zippi's at the Market Street Grill for dinner. Afterwards we went to the Eccles Theater in Salt Lake City, where we saw a taping of our favorite podcast, "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me."  It is a weekly news quiz that is very funny and has a variety of panelists, as well as people calling in on the phone.


Tricia had gone a few years ago when they were in town and I told her we wished we had gone. It was so nice of her to get us tickets, despite me being in the middle of cancer treatments and being somewhat unpredictable.

The panelists on Friday were Bobcat Goldthwaite, Amy Dickinson and Adam Burke. The special guest was Alex Boye, who was every bit as funny as the panelists.

It was a good day all around!


No comments:

Post a Comment