Thursday, October 10, 2019

Cravings with the Evans' and a new doctor

Annette and Kent were up from St. George this weekend, so we were happy we were able to have dinner with them Monday night. We introduced them to Alicia's cupcakes at Cravings in Pleasant Grove.

Alicia and her cupcakes have helped me pump up my weight in anticipation of a stem cell transplant. I have achieved my goal now, but am having a hard time giving up my new, bad habits! The caramel apple cupcake was great!

In an effort to stay calm, Ed and I went over to Ashton Gardens to walk and wait for my lab results on Monday. My white blood count is slowly climbing up. We're trying not to panic. It was up to 24k on Wednesday. We hope Friday it will be lower. I've been on the new medicine for a week now. It might take a week or two to take effect.

We've also had visits to the radiation Doctor this week and will be having my hip nodules treated soon. Turns out I have one on both sides of my torso. The left one is deeper and we didn't realize it was there. The doctors in Radiation were very nice and said a low dose of radiation will clean these right up. They may or may not come back. It feels like wack-a-mole!


No comments:

Post a Comment