Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Blood, Pain and Tears, and a dash of hope

I wasn't well enough to go to church on Sunday, but I was happy to receive visitors as I sat in my recliner with a heating pad on my back. The idelalisib (chemo drug) is causing me muscle pains in my lower back, my shins and calfs and thighs, as well as my knees, and now my ankles. The pain ranges from a 3 to a 10. I try to walk some, and while I look very limpy it doesn't hurt much. But afterwards it hurts a lot! It was nice of Barbara and Kent to commiserate with me. Happily, my WBC is steady at 193.

On Monday we had doctor visits with Dr. Stephens and Dr. Couriel. They are both very happy I will be starting the CAR-T study on Friday. I am happy, too1 I have to lay off the idelalisib for two days preparatory to having my T-cells harvested. I hope that helps my legs and back feel better.

I had 26 vials of blood taken on Monday. That was a record for me! I also had an EKG and an echocardiogram. The echocardiogram showed that my heart wasn't pumping as strongly as it was last April. I went from 65% to 45%. This is also a result of chemo drugs. I'll be meeting with a cardiologist to see if we can do something to get it back up to snuff.

All my paperwork has been sent in to the Juno lab. We should hear today whether they accept me or not. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

In the meantime, Ed is taking good care of me. This morning he made me Western omelette to eat in my throne chair I love him!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you hear good news soon. How wonderful you have such a loving husband to take such good care of you. You are both blessed to have so much love an joy in your marriage. You are both amazing!

    ReplyDelete