Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Ice Castles and Good Labs

My big outing of the month was to see the Ice Castles in Midway yesterday. I rested all day and took a chair with me so I could sit as much  as possible.

It was fun being outside and watching everyone have fun. The weather was about 30 degrees and no wind--perfect for going down ice slides!

Clementine didn't meet the height requirements for one of the slides, so I just parked my chair next to a heater, and we enjoyed bonding while the others stood in a very long line waiting for their turn.

My labs today were a happy surprise. My WBC went down from 199 to 190. My LDH also went down, indicating that this is not a blood draw fluke. We were so happy that I didn't break 200!

The City of Hope cannot get me into their Juno trial because it excludes BPLL (my leukemia), and they could not get me into their in-house trial before the 17th of February, which is when Huntsman hopes to draw my blood for the trial. They also said that they had had poor results with BPLL patients on their in-house trial, so would not recommend it for me. Here's hoping I can keep my WBC in control for another month. Today is T-27!

I got a nice video of Ed, Brittany, John and Mabel coming out of the long slide yesterday! It felt great to be a part of life again. I'm still out of breath, but not quite as weak as last week. That and a little Immodium made the whole outing possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment