Sunday, January 19, 2020

Tale of two bulbs and a call from the doc

My big outing this week was to Sam's Club with the family. I can walk okay as long as I don't have to stand in one place, which is unbearable, so Clementine and I took a little rest on the sacks of flour.

While we were sitting there the doctor from the City of Hope called me. She said they will see if they can get me in a CAR-T trial any early than Huntsman's date of February 17th. She's said she'd call me back on Monday. Which she won't, as it's a holiday. Hopefully, we'll find out on Tuesday.

I also had a nice rest with Mabel on a couch at the store. I keep hoping this chemo tiredness means the drug is really working well. Every blood draw is new hope. On Thursday my WBC went up to 199. I was thrilled it didn't break 200, but would be even more thrilled if it would go down!

I'm hoping to be like the amaryllis on the left, and surprise everyone with my ability to thrive. Last year my ministering sister gifted the bulb to me for Christmas. It was beautiful, and after the flower died I put the pot on a shelf in the garage. I didn't water it. I received a new amaryllis from the same ministering sister this year. It (the one on the right) is doing fantastic. But when I came home from labs one day I could see the old one was also doing fantastic. 10 months on a shelf in the garage with no water. Go figure! We brought it in to grow with its friend! I wonder which one will blossom first?

No comments:

Post a Comment