Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Year's Eve

We wrapped up the majority of our recording on New Year's Eve and celebrated by taking the adults to see Seussical the Musical at the Hale Centre Theater. Ed and I saw it a month ago, but loved it so much we had to come back.

We even had a crash course on Dr. Seuss this week, reading a book each night so the musical would make more sense to us. They use parts of many of his books. Some of them I didn't know very well, surprisingly enough.

Every year someone or several of us get sick at Christmas. This year a stomach bug ran through the family. We took turns complaining about it. I really thought my issues were to do with the drug I'm taking, but aside from the shortness of breath, they have been very similar to everyone else's stomach complaints. So, after our recording sessions we all had to rest up!

We have been enjoying watching episodes of the second season of Lost in Space every night. Including on New Year's Eve. I may have slept through some of the show in the evening, but woke up in time to toast in 2020.

Here's to 2020, and to hoping it's a little better than 2019, which turned out to be a pretty tough year!

My WBC has continued to rise, up to 88 on the 30th. We're hoping the new drug has kicked in, as I'm really feeling like chemo Judy again, and have enjoyed sitting in a chair more than anything. Tomorrow we'll have the first labs of the new year. Hopefully we'll get in with Dr. Stephens soon and be able to start the CAR-T trial before my WBC skyrockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment