Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A German Day

I got up early and went for a walk in the woods with Coda. Suzanne is out of town, so we had to go it alone. I entertained myself by practicing my German presentation due in the afternoon. Fortunately, we didn't pass anyone else who might have thought I was crazy.

We had Stammtisch (German Club) at the Senior Center in the morning. We practiced some songs for Oktoberfest. They were great singers! Tony had brought Trivial Pursuit in German, and we really enjoyed playing that. We thought we were really smart, till he told us we were playing with the kids' cards!

For my German Business class at McDaniel's college I got to give my first PowerPoint presentation. It was on Schleswig-Holstein, one of the states of Germany.

We had fun singing along with the accordion on the state song! The other students might have sung even better had I not been blocking out half the words! I can see where I could make some improvements next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment