Thursday, September 18, 2014

Back in the Rockies

I flew to Denver yesterday to spend the weekend in Steamboat with the Highland Bookies. I am lucky to have lots of people I love here. This morning I went over to Crystal's house to see her new apartment. She has a nice new place and has fixed it up really cute.

She's been working on an afghan in her spare time. She had 80 squares finished, each unique in beautiful colors of yarn. I wonder if it will be done by the time I come out for Sojourn next year!

I went up to Broomfield to meet with the Twisted Sisters. They are still twisted, but doing a great of adapting to changing circumstances. We met at Robin's house and Janna drove us up to Old Town Lousiville where we ate at a cute restaurant called The Huckleberry.

A lot has happened in a year, and one afternoon wasn't quite enough to hear all the stories. We had to talk really fast to get as much in as possible.

Afterwards we went over to see Kenna's brand new kitchen. It was beautiful. She opened it up to the living room and now has a mountain view when she's cooking. Notice Robin's boot in the picture. She had foot surgery, which made it so I couldn't complain much about my little pinched nerve in my foot.


I spent the night at my sister, Verlene's, house, and we spent a good deal of time at the computer. Verlene has now been thoroughly trained on her new Silhouette machine. I'm expecting great things from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment