Thursday, September 14, 2017

Estes Park with Crystal and Verlene

Crystal and I and Verlene went up to Estes Park today to see if we could find some Elk. We wanted to hear them bugling!

We didn't get to hear any bugling, but I had an elk, bison and hamburger meatloaf for lunch at Claire's. It was delicious!

We enjoyed shopping in all the cute stores, and got further sustenance at "You Need Pie," which gave us the strength to walk from one end of main street to another!

We enjoyed seeing a lot of the aspens changing colors along the drive up from Denver. We did a loop going left at Lyons through Allen Park, and returning on US 36. I enjoyed both routes, but Crystal got car sick on the way up!


We saw a couple of elk in the meadow as we left town, but they were just having dinner (no bugling)!


Brandy and Holly were happy to see Crystal when we dropped Verlene off at home. Crystal really knows how to scratch a dog!

Verlene showed us the paintings she's entering in the art show of her painters group for tomorrow. I'm sorry I won't be able to attend, but I want to wish her and her sheep good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment