Wednesday, October 24, 2018

3 Mile HIke

It felt surreal to be out this morning on a real hike! I was expecting to be bedridden from my treatments. For the past two months I've been wondering if the pear tree had produced some edible fruit! I thought we might have missed the window to find out! But this morning we found some perfect little pears on it! They were a little bit crunchy, but delicious!

This tree on High Bench path is the only pear tree we've found in Lambert Park! I was so happy that it saved it's fruit for us!

We brought a few home to let them soften up a little!

I even convinced Ed to try an apple off one of the apple trees along the trail! He said it was just as good as store-bought!

I was amazed that I was able to walk 3 miles today! I'm cautiously optimistic that the next three monthly treatments will not be making me sick! Maybe the worst is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment