Tuesday, September 3, 2019

New Genesis and Pickleball

We took advantage of the holiday yesterday to finally go car shopping. Ed has wanted a Genesis G70 for about a year now, but we've been too preoccupied to go shopping! We dropped in at Murdock Hyundai in Linden, where they were having a huge Labor Day party. In addition to a new car, we got free hot dogs, ice cream shakes, two lawn chairs and an electric car for the grandkids. They love us there!

In the late afternoon we popped over to the Sardoni's to check out their brand new pickleball court. It is beautiful. I finally convinced Ed I was well enough to try playing again. Ed was reluctant as I'm still a little bit unstable. I said I would not go after every ball.

I lied. After about 10 minutes I tripped going after a ball that was beyond my ability level and landed on my knee and shoulder on the hard cement.

Laurie patched me up and I sat out the rest of the game. Happily, the Sardonis had a son who was willing to play in for me.

We went over to R&R BBQ afterwards. Other than a sore right wrist (not the previously broken left one, happily) and a few scrapes and bruises, I'm doing just fine.

The sad news is that I won't be playing pickleball again for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment