Thursday, September 5, 2019

Walking and Labs

Ed and I walked along Rocky Ridge, above and to the east of Lambert Park, yesterday. It was the first time we've been back there since I've been in treatment for cancer, as it is a longer and steeper walk than normal. I did great, though, walking 3.3 miles round trip. We got up before the sun came over the mountain, which made the hike nice and cool, too.

Ed spent the afternoon assembling the purple dune buggy for the grandkids. They're going to love it!

Today we went up to Huntsman for labs and got to see a part of the ground-breaking ceremony for the new 8 story, 205,000 feet hospital addition. For more information about that, see:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/huntsman-cancer-institute-breaks-ground-190000706.html

My labs are unchanged. Platelets at 12.The doctor is going to see if we can get medication to boost them. In the meantime, I'm going to Steamboat Springs, Colorado tomorrow for my annual Literary Sojourn. This is my 16th year, and I'm so happy not to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment