Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Owies and Infectious Disease Doctor

I went to the doctor this morning, but not because of the nice pickelball bruise on my shoulder. They didn't seem either impressed or worried about it.

We talked about the CMV virus which comes and goes for me. Currently it is not active and they could give me a drug (Letermovir) that they give patients after stem-cell transplants that keeps CMV from recurring. However, it is not technically approved for before transplants. It will work, but we need insurance approval. We'll see how that goes.

I tried to impress Molly, our nurse, with my skinned knee from pickleball. She seemed to think it will probably get better before my platelets do. They were only 12 today! We just have to keep waiting and hoping! Happily, they had come up from 10 and I didn't need to stay for a transfusion today!

No comments:

Post a Comment