Friday, January 20, 2012
Now We're Cooking
It all started with my pot filler water (upper left hand of this picture). I started filling up the spaghetti pot and then became distracted by a question from one of my daughters (who I don't really blame for this). The water went over the top and into the basin of the stovetop. I didn't realize there was so much water underneath, and when I tried to light the burner it filled up with gas but didn't ignite. I tried again a minute later and it blew up the ceramic top! I was frightened but, thankfully unhurt. There was glass everywhere! We ordered a new stove top, which came this week, and Ed installed it yesterday. It looks perfect. I'm lucky I lived to learn from this mistake. I'll NEVER do that again!