Sunday, January 8, 2012

What's for Dessert?

After church we all met at my sister, Annette's, house for dinner. This included her daughter, Nikki and family, as well as Brittany and John. Nikki has three children, one of whom, Andrew was dying to get in this picture. For dessert we had homemade ice cream with fixin's--strawberries, toasted pecans, toasted coconut, and whipped cream. The Evans family always knows how to cook great food! I feel so guilty coming out from Baltimore and mooching on my family. I guess they'll have to come visit me sometime so I can return the favor!

We had a great visit, then came home and watched 3 episodes of Downton Abbey. The show was great, but the amazing thing is that we were able to connect the laptop to the TV and watch it on my Netflix account. We felt so technologically brilliant! (It couldn't have been without a significant amount of help from Ed--long distance)! Thanks, Ed! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like everyone had a good time. I watched Downton Abbey on Sunday too. PBS lost something, you could hear the tape going around and around but no one in the studio was fixing it. They finally repair about an hour later and the show did not end until midnight, but I had to watch...

    ReplyDelete