Friday, March 16, 2012

Tall Order

Ed had the day off today, and we used it to work around the yard. My job was finishing the drainage area I started last summer. I've been saving up rocks for it, and had plenty. It was a BIG job. I had to dig a little ditch and line it with rocks. You can see it on the right side of this picture. It turned out nice, but it was such strenuous labor that I'm good for nothing now. I like my tall shadow in the middle of the picture.

Ed's job was cleaning out some of the dead wood in our copse. He's come to an understanding with his finicky chainsaw and made some great progress. After it was all done he stood out on the deck and surveyed his handiwork. It met his approval.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the wonderful scenery where you are...it looks so beautiful!! Yep, crazy that Savannah is 18, but even crazier that my oldest Makenzye is now 20! Even crazier then that...Brittany is MARRIED!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backyard looks gorgeous. I love the long shadow of you.

    Brittany's blog looks great! What a great way to record one's first years together. The cats are adorable. I couldn't leave a comment. I will have follow Mom's example and send an email.

    ReplyDelete