Sunday, September 22, 2013

In Search of the Real Fire Road

Ed and I went walking again on Saturday to see where we went wrong on our last fire road walk. We took our trusty map, the dog and our GPS. It turns out the fire road on the Morgan Run side of the reservoir isn't  big enough for a jeep, let alone a fire truck! It's mostly a one lane foot path! We were on it all along, although we thought we were lost!

Walking over logs might be fun for a human, a dog or a horse, but it's hard to imagine doing fire control on paths like this!

And, to throw a dangerous element into the mix, the deer hunt is on! We ran into a couple of hunters with cross bows! I'll have to remember my reflector vest when I go walking next week!

1 comment:

  1. I see poor Coda has a muzzle! If it is any consolation Brandy doesn't pull nearly as bad now that she is older, unless she really wants something, and then she can be so stubborn.

    ReplyDelete