Friday, December 6, 2013

Fun With Activity Days

We made personalized ornaments for Activity Days on Wednesday. Here's mine. They were somewhat cuter with 8-12 year old girls' pictures on them. It was an interesting project. Using polymer clay and t-shirt transfer paper, you just rub the picture onto the clay and bake it for 5 minutes, and voila! It transfers the ink to the clay!

I wrote my name on the back before I baked it, then painted it and baked it for another 5 minutes. My partner, Heather, made the cute ribbons for the tree hangers.

We finished just in time to take all the girls over to feed the horses. Unfortunately, the horses were happily in the deep grass in the big pasture and wouldn't come in! The girls got to feed them a carrot or an apple, and after they went home I put a rope around Mr. Genes and brought him (followed by Bali and Bamby) back to the barn! It was hard finding those wily horses in the pitch black night!

Thursday morning all was forgiven. I took this picture because I'm feeling so bad about the weather in the west and mid-west! I see you've hit negative temperatures. I was out at the barn at 7:30 a.m. with no jacket on. It was 55 degrees! We've been loving it!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try your craft project. I will use a picture of Brandy. Horse look they are enjoying the weather. It has been real cool here, not much snow, just cold, but it is suppose to be 40 degrees tomorrow. I can hardly wait! The TV is saying it has not been this cold this long since the '70s.

    ReplyDelete