Friday, February 20, 2015

How Cold Was it?

I waited till 8:30 to feed the horses this morning. It was SO cold that the heated water buckets had a mist coming out of them. At 3 degrees the act of not freezing turns the water to mist!

The horses were appreciative of some hay and attention. I found out that you can crack a plastic shovel when you try to chip a frozen pile of manure off the ground!


I spent some extra time at the barn this morning, sprucing things up a bit. I shoveled some sawdust down the chute from the top of the barn.

Then I threw some bales of hay from the second floor and stacked them up neatly.

Coda didn't like going inside the top floor of the barn. She waited outside by a big tree. You can see the silhouette of the barn's weather vane in the snow!

Fortunately, the sun was shining, which almost offset the light breeze. Coda kept warm with her booties and Raven's jersey. She loves going to the farm so much. I love it, too, but I'm also happy to have the weekend off. Maybe next week if we need to care for the horses, the temperature will break 30 one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment