Friday, January 15, 2016

Two Big Birds

I wore my big bird outfit to walk with Suzanne and Harper this morning. I didn't have any idea that I'd be chasing another 'bird' this afternoon.

Ed got a drone for Christmas. We thought it would be fun to take an aerial picture of our house. On it's second flight, the drone took flight! It crossed the street and never looked back!

After an hour of searching, Ed was able to use the base unit to give him a hint where it was. We found it 1/2 a mile away on another street in our neighborhood. It was 40 feet up in a tree. It is actually about 10 feet higher than the picture of the tree!

We needed a bigger ladder!
With the help of our 22 foot ladder and three poles duct-taped together, I was able to hook it out of the tree! I was glad Ed and our new friend Al were down at the bottom keeping the ladder steady!

All in all, a very satisfying adventure with a happy ending!




No comments:

Post a Comment