Saturday, August 11, 2018

Alpine Rodeo

We enjoyed the Alpine Rodeo last night! It is a fun traditional part of Alpine days! We got some amazing pictures of it!

I took my new camera with the longer lens and passed it around for Brittany and John to take pictures as well! They are a little more knowledgeable about how to use it than I am!

We had the Nuttalls over for dinner first, and walked over to the Rodeo Grounds (.37 miles from our house). We were ready with our sunglasses, but didn't need them as much as in years past, because the smoke from wildfires around the state had muted the sun's effect!

It was interesting sitting on the front rows and being able to get dirt kicked in your faces when the horses ran by!

Mabel and Clementine were enthralled with the shave ice! It took them about an hour to eat it with those tiny slurpee straw/spoons!

They also enjoyed petting the mini-horses!

Mabel thought she'd like to give mutton-bustin' a go next year!

I felt a little bad about enjoying the show after I saw this picture John had captured with my camera. Apparently, some of the animals didn't enjoy it as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment