Saturday, August 25, 2018

Second Rituximab

Ed brought me a giant, juicy peach (thanks, Christine) to cheer me up on my fourth day of treatment yesterday! The treatments were supposed to last 4 hours, but they slowed them down to 8 hours, as I started out by developing severe pain in my upper legs. This is not a documented side effect of rituximab, but slowing it down made it go away. When I wasn't sleeping we watched some episodes of The Great British Baking Show, which helped keep my mind off my malaise.

Ed wrangled me out of bed at the end of my treatments. In order to go home without oxygen today I have to start taking deep breaths and getting a little exercise!

Ed will also have to bring me a dress to drive home. 20 pounds of bloat only let's me fit into a pair of XXX-size hospital scrubs now.

Good news: my spleen is smaller and my white blood count is down to 340k, down from a high of 580k! Only another 230k to go. I should start monthly treatments in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment