Thursday, October 6, 2011

Primary Training

Tonight is the annual Primary Leadership training. As Stake Primary music leader, this is the ONE real thing I do all year, so I've put some amount of work into it. Amanda is going to go with me to play the piano. We're going over the new music for 2012, as well as talking about my many opinions about what makes a good chorister!

I made a boat for Nephi's courage. The sail slides up and down the mast. The better you sing, the higher it goes. Amanda says I should raffle it off, since I really don't need it. I might do that.

However, I'll keep my new spinner, which I really like. It represents all the aspects of music--rhythm (clapping), lyrics (chanting monks), tempo (fast bunny and slow turtle) and melody (humming bird). Ed made me a spinner 20 years ago, but it didn't survive the moving purge. So, I had to make a new one! My point is that repetition is important in singing. Finding fun ways to make the children sing it over and over is part of the challenge. I have a lot of other points to make, but you'll have to come to Stake Leadership tonight if you want to hear them!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are amazing:) That takes me back to the good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Primary Chorister in my ward. Would love all ideas sent my way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome ideas! I would bid on the Nephi's Courage boat sail...or at lease some directions to make my own! I just got a new calling...

    ReplyDelete