Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gentle Leader

My friend, Anne, suggested I buy a Gentle Leader collar for Coda. It is designed to keep a dog from pulling and exhibiting bad behavior on a leash. We got it in the mail a few days ago, and after watching the helpful instructional video we put it on Coda. She promptly went into the other room and pushed it over the top of her nose with her paws and chewed it in half! Not to be deterred, I sewed it back together (it was long enough to patch with no problem). Then, we fitted it a little tighter so she couldn't do that again!

Our first walk was like a miracle. She walked peacefully by my side the entire time. The wild beast had been tamed!

I took her out again today, and aside from some extreme agitation when we were walking behind a couple of other dogs, she did really well. Even then she didn't pull. I am hopeful that in a few weeks she'll be able to completely control herself on our walks. She even passed a bunny AND a squirrel this morning without lunging at them! It's hard to see in the picture, but you can see where it goes over her nose. It also goes behind her ears. I think she looks a little dejected in this picture. I am wearing a broad smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment