Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Ringing in the Season

The bell choir had a gig Saturday at Winifred Manor. We played our Christmas songs and one hymn. This is my third year with the bell choir. I am either (a) getting better, or (b) the songs or easier, or (c) I just had easier bells this time around, but it was not stressful and even fun.

However, because I don't know how to leave well enough alone, I volunteered to play the cello with Abide with Me. It had a flute part with it which I put down an octave or two. This was stressful, as I had a hard time playing in tune in 3 flats! I've practiced this song every day for two months now, and have come a long way. I did not embarrass myself, but have one more chance to make it really nice, as we have another gig on Sunday at the Springfield Presbyterian Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment