Sunday, August 7, 2016

Goodbye, Bryant!

It was sad to say goodbye to my cousin, Bryant Porter before I even got to see him again. I was looking forward to reconnecting with him and his family now that we've moved to Utah. He was born one month before I was, and was a cousin I especially enjoyed from the early years in West Yellowstone where his family displayed their dinosaurs during the summer.

For his obituary, see: http://www.memorialutah.com/obituary/redwood/bryant-elbert-porter/

Bryant's four children and wife all spoke at the funeral Saturday and told about how he passed away suddenly from a heart attack after a fun day of water skiing with family. I enjoyed learning more about him from the personal stories they told.

One thing that impressed me was that he was always happy, and ever willing to serve others.

At the luncheon afterwards I enjoyed visiting with my Brady cousins, some of whom I hadn't seen in 40 years!

Cousins Sandy and Charlene had changed very little since I lived with them briefly in California in 1978!

It was fun to be together with my mom and 4 sisters, Verlene, Annette, Barbara and Joan. (We missed our brothers.)

Afterwards we gathered at my new house for some more visiting and snacking.

Annette brought a few of her grandchildren along with her. Cooper was terrified of Coda, so needed some special attention.

Coda was terrified of Cooper, as well, and stayed close to Ed for protection!

It was a sad day, but filled with wonderful memories. It made us all realize how precious life is and how grateful we should be for the moments we share with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment