Sunday, September 2, 2018

Anxious Day

Ed came in at 8 a.m. yesterday, bringing Judy Hopps, my lucky bunny to help me get through my Rituximab treatment. I was anxiety ridden after my bad experience Thursday.

It was a case of hurry up and wait.  We watched Anne with an E on Netflix to try to calm my nerves. It was three p.m. by the time they finally started my treatment. I was a nervous wreck by then.

Ed stayed at the hospital till the bitter end, which helped a lot. Although they slowed the infusion down to a very
slow rate, I started feeling leg pains and headaches after four hours. They dosed me up with more Benadryl and some oxycodone, and I was able to sleep on and off. When it was finally over we were so relieved!

I'm feeling better today, if a little weak. I survived one more ordeal, but am now wondering what comes next. We'll see what the doctor says.

No comments:

Post a Comment