Thursday, September 6, 2018

Sprung for the Weekend

When Dr. Halwani came into the office with a smile on his face this morning, I dared to hope he would give me the weekend off! He gave me the all clear to travel to Steamboat Springs, Colorado, tomorrow to attend the Literary Sojourn there! I have been attending with the Highland Bookies since 2004 and hated to miss one!

We listened to the sounds of my Bookie friend, Anne Pinkerton as we drove to the hospital at 6:30 a.m. It was the beginning of a happy day! Thanks for the Sage Creek CD, Anne! I love the beautiful rendition of the Beatles' I Will!

Afterwards, Ed and I whooped it up over late breakfast at the Black Bear Diner!

My WBC was stable at 160, and has been responding well to the treatments. The doctor was very positive. I have been what he calls an "interesting" case. Although things have not gone smoothly, it is definitely going in the right direction.

We report at the infusion center bright and early Monday morning. This is just a reprieve in the journey, but at a very happy time.

1 comment:

  1. I shall really miss seeing you and am so happy you get to go to Sojourn. Have fun for me and take lots of pics. I will be thinking about this fun event and all of you who were able to attend. Stay strong, relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete