Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Taco Tuesday Turn-around

Today was a good day. I was finally able to sit in a chair for an extended period of time! Ed and I stopped at Taqueria 27 to have lunch after our lab visit. Sadly, they have no specials for Taco Tuesdays,  but the food was delicious nonetheless. My WBC came in at 41.9k, down from 42k. We were disappointed it didn't continue to go down, but happy it didn't go up.

I'm still feeling a little shaky, but was able to write out bills and make dinner tonight (while seated on a chair), so I felt very encouraged.

We picked up my Ibrutinib at the pharmacy. We're not sure when I'll start taking it, but when I do it will probably be daily for the rest of my life. It is a very targeted drug that has only been on the market for about 4 years. I hope my body tolerates it. Each pill costs about the same as an Apple watch. Imagine swallowing one of those every morning with breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment