Saturday, September 1, 2012

Juju II at Transitions

June and I had our first gig yesterday at Transitions in Sykesville. It was happy hour, and we were the lounge singers. They had non-alcoholic drinks and chicken wings. They were even serving up icy little piƱa coladas! It almost made one wish to be living in a care center!

I only really messed up once, as I forgot to re-tune my E string after I lowered it for Sentimental Journey. It made It's a Long, Long Time a long, long song! I fixed it after the song was over!

Amanda came along and played the bass with me on my guitar solo, Stompin' at the Savoy.  Nothing like having a stand-up bass to raise your cool factor!

We were happy Amanda and Ed, as well as Barb Keller were there to help with the clapping. Either we're not as good as we think we are, or it's just hard to clap when your hands are greasy with BBQ sauce! Maybe I'll post a video or two later. Then, you can be the judge!


No comments:

Post a Comment